Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Random Recaps and Chocolate PB Brownies!

Hey everyone, so I haven't posted in a couple of days. I last posted Monday after my surprise snow day! It was a good day, a little slow. I made soup and snowshoed and then had a open gym to go to. That night, I made a nice glass of tea, and ended up spilling it on myself and getting really bad blistered burns. I have an open blister on my thigh and blisters in and around my belly button:( It was not a fun experience. In fact, it was probably the most painful thing I have every felt.

Moving on to a happier note, today we had yet another snow day! (It was highly needed after that one tough day at school.) I had open gym again this morning, so I at least got some running and exercise in. When I got home, I caught up on laundry, helped haul in some wood, took a shower, cleaned my room and made Protein Brownies!! They came out surprisingly good.



I agree, they do not look the greatest, but they were a great brownie substitution for people wanting to eat a little healthier and cleaner. 

Protein Brownies
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed very well 
2 tsp vanilla
4 packets of Truvia
1/3 cup honey (maple syrup may be sub.)
1/2 cup quick cook oats
dash of salt
2 TBLSP. of cocoa powder
splash of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 to 2/3 Cup chocolate chips

Blend all the ingredients in a blender/food processor (except chocolate chips, mix by hand after), blend very very well, pour into a greased 8x8in pan, and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until top starts cracking. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into them. 
I served mine with some frozen cool whip lite, peanut butter, and a few crushed pretzels for crunch! It was a delicious, yet pretty healthy dessert!







No comments:

Post a Comment