Friday, January 2, 2015

Fun Friday! Snowshoeing, shopping, and Rummy!


With only 3 days left of break, I decided to make the most of them. Today I started the day with a good snowshoe for my workout. Then my brother and I went up town shopping/ getting my skis waxed. I went to Dunham's in hopes of a new hoodie, only to find out that the cheapest was like $50!!!

When I got home, my parents, brothers and I all headed out to our camp at Rabbit Bay to go snowshoeing along the lake. It was very grey and dull, but extremely beautiful all the same.



The waves left really beautiful and unique patterns. The rocks and sand froze in the sand was really neat.  


There were a bunch of old docks frozen too!


I found this little cave under the ice where you could see the sand, and a little river ran right through.

 This is the cutest, most unique building on our property. We call it the "fish house" because when my ancestors used to fish this is where all the equipment and dead fish would be kept and cleaned. It has  a ton of character, and now was an upstairs with beds for sleeping! I have so many great memories playing cards and sitting around watching storms over the lake when I was younger, and look forward to many more.
On the way home there was a ton of deer! They are so neat to watch, and the way they look at you makes you wonder if they are curious too.. (that sounded dumb, but oh well). Well, I'm off to play michigan rummy (my favorite card game)!!

Tell me about your cool camps and things you've done there in the comments!!

                                                           ~ E













No comments:

Post a Comment